Ito Onojeghuo, LL.M, CIPP/E
Consultant – Data Protection & Privacy Specialist
Ito Onojeghuo is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), a Prince II Project Management Practitioner, with a first degree in Economics & Statistics and Master of Laws in Internet Law and Policy (LLM). Ito brings a unique mix of experience that embraces, Information Technology, Quality Assurance, Data Protection & Compliance, Risk-based Assessments and Organisational Change Management.
Ito is enthusiastic and proactive about change and constantly works towards identifying business needs and determining solutions for process improvement, strategic planning and policy development. She has strong technical skills and extensive experience in the deployment of a variety of systems and procedures to meet business, quality and compliance requirements.
Involvement in Data Protection & Privacy:
Ito has assisted clients on a wide range of privacy and cyber security issues, including regulatory and compliance investigations and data breaches. With her multi-jurisdictional experience, she is able to provide Data Protection and advisory services on the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (NDPR), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the ePrivacy Directive and the new California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). She represents clients with the Data Protection Regulatory Authorities in the United Kingdom (ICO) and France (CNIL) as a registered Data Protection Officer.
Recent Achievements include:
- Implementing Data Protection compliance programmes for over 20 organisations.
- Drafting Binding Corporate Rules and submitting applications on behalf of two multinational companies.
- Managed the EU-US Privacy Shield application process for two multinational companies.
- Cyber security breach advice to multiple clients including implementing response plans and dealing with the aftermath of hacking and denial of service attacks.
- Made recommendations for GDPR compliant technical measures on the design of an application that led to an improvement of service and over 30% increase in the use of a client’s product.
- Designed a Subject Access Request (SAR) procedure that led to a reduction of requests made by 94% as well as improved efficiency on the processing and administration time.
Tutoring and Facilitating
- GDPR Specialist Trainer and an IAPP Official Partner to provide CIPPE training under AllNet Law UK Ltd.
- Provision of Data Protection & Privacy Training and Master Classes at various levels: General Data Protection Awareness, Data Protection Foundation, Data Protection Practitioner and Data Protection Officer training.
- Binding Corporate Rules and Cross Border Data Transfer
- A Guide to Cookie Consent
Some recent Conferences and Seminars Attended
- The ICO’s Data Protection Practitioners’ Conference 2019
- Data Protection World Forum, London (21, November 2018)
– Global Development of Privacy Law
- CMS Legal Webinar (20, November 2018)
– GDPR 6 months on – what does it look like and what do we still need to work on?
- ePrivacy Conference, London (4, October 2018)
– Advancing Privacy and Innovation through the New ePrivacy Regulation
– Navigating Privacy in a Digital World: Ensuring Consistency with Existing Laws
Memberships and Affiliations
- The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)